Questions to ask before choosing a solar company
Having multiple companies specializing in solar in Visalia, CA is both a good thing and a bad thing. It’s a good thing, because there is variety in the market and the competition makes the prices affordable. On the other hand, shopping numerous solar companies can be confusing. With there being so many companies, how do you know which company’s products are the best? Ask yourself the following questions before choosing the ideal solar system;
• What if the system underperforms? – Most solar companies give guarantees, so be keen on the specifics of these guarantees.
• Is the systems quote fixed or is it an estimate? – Solar companies in Visalia that understand your energy needs give a fixed quote. They focus on optimizing your energy bills and they take into account your future electricity usage. If the company’s quote changes during the terms of the contract, ask the company how the change will affect you.
• Who designed the system? – This is important, because some solar companies design systems that are too big or too small. Look for a way to certify that a technician or expert is responsible for designing the system.
• Does the company have permits to install solar systems in my area? – Your local municipality has codes that determine whether a solar system may be connected to the area electrical grid. If your solar system is not installed in a way that meets the local building code, you’ll end up spending a lot of time and money to get it up to code. Make sure you’re working with a solar company that has the experience necessary to get it right the first time.
• What is the forecasted energy production for the system? – Solar systems come with ratings that show their total output. However, real world output can vary. Make sure to check with the solar company you’re considering to get a more accurate forecast of your systems energy production. Factors such as the location of your home and type of roof are used for the forecasting.
• What financing options do you have? – To make wise financial decisions, understand the financing options available to you and chose the solar system from the company that offers a flexible plan for you.
SunPower by Sun Solar is committed to educating our customers about all of their options that that they can make the most informed decision.