The roof over your head is one of the most important parts of your home, but is almost always forgotten until a problem occurs. Happily most roofs come with a 25 (or 50) year guarantee, so it’s not something you need to think about very often. However, it is a good idea to have it checked every few years to make sure that it has not been damaged by birds, animals or bad weather. Your local Roofing Contractor in Loveland Co is always happy to come and give your roof a free inspection.
The areas that need to be checked are:
* The rafters and trusses; these are the wooden structure that make the A shape. These need to be checked for warping, cracking, dry and wet rot and insect infestation. This structure carries the weight of the whole roof, so any damage here needs to be rectified before the whole roof suffers damage. Your roofing contractor in Loveland Co, is always happy to check and repair any damage.
* The sheathing; this is the first layer of the roof. It is usually made from a material such as plywood. This is the layer that keeps out the draughts and provides a flatbed for the main roof cover. This needs to be checked for signs of water damage, animal or bird ingress or rotting. Your Roofing Contractor Loveland Co will inspect this free.
* Flashing; which makes the roof watertight in areas where different elements of the roof meet. Flashing would be used in corners, around dormer windows etc. Although the metal is very long lasting, it can suffer from animal damage and on older buildings where lead was used theft can be a problem. Your Roofing Contractor Loveland Co will check that the roof has all the required flashing in a good condition.
* Roof Covering; the covering is normally made from tiles, slate, metal or shingles. These are all very long lasting materials, but they can all be damaged by the elements and by animal activity. Getting a check by your local Roofing Contractor in Loveland Co is recommended if you suspect that the roof has suffered any damage.
* Drainage; Your Roofing Contractor in Loveland Co will check that the guttering and drains are clear. This is very important, especially if you have a flat roof, as standing water can cause further damage to your roof.
As well as roof maintenance and repairs, your local Roofing Contractor Loveland Co is able to build new roofs in materials to match the design of your home. They will help you decide which product is best for your particular needs, and will show you examples of properties with roofs in the materials they recommend.
Your local roofing contractor in Loveland Co is Capitol Roofing Inc. based in Fort Collins, Co and Cheyenne, WY. They have over 25 years’ experience building and maintaining roofs. Capitol Roofing is a member of the “National Roofing Contractors Association” and is an A+ BBB accredited business.
Be the first to like.